- Milky Transparent
- Tack free
- Waxy film
- Against galvanic corrosion
- Permanent or temporary
On evaporation of the solvent, DINITROL 81 leaves a transparent, hard and waxy film, ideally suited as a protective coating, affording easy visual inspection of the metal surface, reading of labels, numbers, etc. DINITROL 81 is intended for protection, in storage and in transit, of finished surfaces of steel and of other metals, particularly when a colourless, transparent and smearless film is desired. DINITROL 81 may also be used for protection of lacquered surfaces withstanding white spirit and similar solvents, e.g. different types of tooling and equipment engines and vehicles.
Method of use:
DINITROL 81 may be applied by spraying, brushing or dipping to a clean dry surface. Both high pressure and ordinary types of spraying equipment can be used. The ideal temperature for the application is 15 − 20°C. During warehousing, application and drying, the measures to be taken are the same as those applying to paints and lacquers.
- Type of film: waxy
- Density at 23°C: 770 kg/m³
- Viscosity at 23°C (DIN 4 cup): 17 seconds (thixotropy completely broken)
- Dry matter content: 15% by weight
- Flash point: 24°C
- Aromatic content in solvent: < 0,5%
- Recommended film thickness wet: 100 µm
- Recommended layer thickness: 10 µm
- Drying time: 30 min.
- Effect on car paint: none
- Removability: Hydrocarcon solvents
- SST: SST 50 microns, 1000 h