DINITROL 410 UV Product Information
DINITROL 410 UV NF is a 1-component polyurethane sealing and bonding compound with good resistance and UV stability. The sealer is quick-drying and elastic, and can be coated with most lacquers. 2-C acrylic lacquers can be applied in a wet-on-wet process. Paints containing alcohol and alkyd resin impair hardening.
DINITROL 410 UV NF is used for bonding and sealing in a range of industrial areas, such as bus, trucks and caravan construction and shipbuilding. The material adheres well to primed and lacquered metals, duroplastics (glass fibre reinforced plastics, hard PVC), wood and glass. For all relevant safety advices please read the material safety data sheet or the packaging label. It is suitable for sealing overlapping and expansion joints invisible interior and exterior areas in commercial vehicle construction. We recommend carrying out an adhesion test before applying to complex substrates.
- Plastic primer
- Zinc or aluminium primer
- Wood primer
- Glass primer
METHOD OF USE
DINITROL 410 UV NF (New formula released May 2018) is used at room temperature. The surface to be treated must be clean and free from dust, oil and grease. To clean contaminated substrates please use DINITROL 582. Applied DINITROL 410 UV NF can be smoothed very good by the help of DINITROL 300. For cartridges and tubular bags, standard supply guns can be used. Dimension and thickness of the adhesive beat depending on the max. stress due to the move inside the bonded joint. The curing of the DINITROL 410 UV NF depends on the dimension of the joint, air humidity and temperature.
2-C acrylic paints, elastic paints (latex paints, water-soluble acrylic paints). Water-soluble paints should be tested for suitability beforehand. Alcohol-base paints or alkyd resin paints impair hardening and may only be used on completely hardened sealing compound. In order to prevent the formation of blisters at higher temperatures, make sure the sealer is completely hardened. Expansion joints must only be coated with elastic paints. Concerning nitrocellulose paints, a suitability test must be carried out prior to application.
Available in 3 colours White, Grey & Black – please check when ordering for availability
- Raw material base Polyurethane, pre-polymer, dries by air humidity
- Consistency paste
- Flow (2.6 mm / 2.8 bar 20 °C) 40 − 60 g/min cartridge
- Density ~ 1.2 g/ml
- Processing temperature + 5 °C to + 35 °C
- Temperature resistance – 40 °C to + 90 °C, (short-term to 120 °C)
- Resistance (cured) long-term: water, salt water, diluted acids and alkalis, aqueous cleaner
- Short-term petrol, grease and mineral oil
- Skin formation time ~ 30 min. at 23 °C / 50 % RT
- Surface drying ~ 2.5 h (tack free)
- Hardening speed ~ 3 mm per 24 h at 23 °C / 50 % r.h.
- Shore A hardness (DIN 53505) > 45
- Tensile strength (DIN 53504) 1,4 N / mm²
- Tear propagation resistance (DIN 53504) ~ 8 N mm
- Elongation at break (DIN 53504) 400 %
- Modulus of elasticity (DIN 53504) 100 % ~ 1.0 N/mm² after 24 h
- Cleaning Non-hardened material: Petroleum spirit Hardened material: Can only be removed mechanically.
- Storage time between 15°C and 25°C 12 months Note: Seal opened packages immediately after use